We are a record keeping bureau for foxhounds. We register sires and dams, litter enroll their puppies and transfer ownership of hounds. In order to register a sire or dam, they have to have been litter enrolled, then they can be registered and the litter of puppies they produce can be litter enrolled. We have breeder certificate forms to be completed with name of sire and dam, their registration numbers, mating date, and whelping date, number of puppies listed by sex and color and a signature of owner of sire and dam at mating time. We strive to have our records as accurate as possible and be of service to the foxhunter.
In order to register a hound correctly and facilitate matters, we ask that you read the following requirements over carefully and be governed accordingly.
TO LITTER ENROLL IN THE I.F.S.B.
If your hound to be registered was whelped on or after July 1, 1947, it must be litter enrolled before it can be registered in the I.F.S.B. To litter enroll, a Breeders Certificate must be sent in. Any litter whelped after January 1, 2008 must show same owner for sire and dam as on our records unless listed as lessee. Breeder's Certificate must be signed by owner or lessee of sire and dam at mating time. The forms may be mailed, faxed or emailed. The cost to litter enroll is: through six month old, $20.00 and over 6 months old, $25.00. The sire and dam must be registered in the I.F.S.B. before the litter can be enrolled. Breeders Certificates sell for $3.00 per dozen (or see below to download single blank) or a book of 100 with stubs for $15.00 (not available online). A five generation of a litter sells for $5.00 each.
TO REGISTER A HOUND IN THE I.F.S.B.
1. Complete the pedigree before sending it in to The Chase. Give owner(s) name, address and the litter enrollment number of hound to be registered.
2. Give two choices of name for your hound's name as we allow no duplication of names. Names are limited to 21 letters, including spaces. We cannot use a registered kennel name on your hound unless you have written permission from the owner of the kennel to use his/her registered kennel name.
3. Give color, sex, whelping date and name and address of the breeder of the hound to be reigstered. The breeder is the person who owned (or leased) the dam when she was bred.
4. Certificates of Registration are not issued until at least thirty days (30) after the pedigrees have appeared in the magazine and are not mailed until the registrations are fully paid for.
5. The prices are $20.00 for a five generation pedigree. Littermates may be registered for $15.00 each after the first hound. (To qualify as a littermate when registering, the hounds must be registered at the same time and in the same owner(s) name. Pedigree blanks sell for $3.00 per dozen (or see below to download a single blank).
TO TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF I.F.S.B. REGISTERED HOUNDS
In order to transfer a hound that has been registered in the I.F.S.B., we require the original Certificate of Registration or the last Certificate of Transfer issued by this office. If the certificate has been lost, contact the office for an affidavit which must be completed by the last official owner according to our records. Transfers are for 5 generations only and the cost is $20.00. The hound's name can be changed at the cost of $30.00 if the following requirements are met. 1. The hound must not be over two (2) years old. 2. The hound must not have ever been bred.
Kennels may be registered with us for a fee of $25.00 and thereafter no one else may use the kennel name without permission of owner. After the first year there will be a charge of $20.00 per year to run the kennel name in The Chase each month. If a kennel has been inactive for 2 years, a notice will be sent to the owner giving 30 days to re-instate the kennel or the name will become available again. All kennel names submitted are subject to the approval of The Chase Publishing Co., Inc.